Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
SENIIOR OFFICER - WATERSHED MANAGEMENT (Re-advertisement)
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is operating a 290-MW hydropower project to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction in Laos. To assist in creating and operating a world-class hydropower project with international-standard environmental and social programs, NNP1PC is looking for potential candidates to fill the following position:
POSITION: SENIOR OFFICER- WATERSHED MANAGEMENT
Location: Owner's Site Office and Village in Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay Province with regular travel to Xaysomboun Province (Anouvong, Hom and Thathom Districts)
- Assist Team Leader in planning of Watershed Management and Biomass Clearance Programmes,
- Coordinate with other teams on issues related to the Watershed Management and Biomass Clearance,
- Coordinate with the Government Agencies and various stakeholders to ensure the alignments with the AIP, Biodiversity Mitigation and Offset Framework,
- Prepare related reports and attend meetings,
- Support Team Leader in the preparation and implementation of NNP1 Watershed Management Plan,
- Conduct and participate in surveys, studies and investigations related to Watershed Management and Biomass Clearance,
- Assist in coordination and provision of technical support to Watershed and Reservoir Protection Committee/ Watershed and Reservoir Protection Office organizing and prepare meeting agenda, meeting materials and coordinating project activities implementation,
- Assist and prepare technical reports to ensure compliance with the Concession Agreement and other requirements,
- Prepare relevant environmental documentation under the guidance of the Team Leader,
- Undertake regular and ad-hoc reporting according to the requirements of the position,
- Promote and support knowledge sharing and learning among colleagues and stakeholders, and
- Perform any other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced University Degree in Environmental Sciences/Engineering, Forestry, Water Resources or related discipline,
- At least five years of experience within the scope of landscape management, environmental planning, hydrology-soil conservation, and or forestry,
- Understanding of Geographic Information Systems and their use in watershed management planning,
- Experience with hydropower projects and initiatives linking watershed management and facility operations,
- Knowledge of governance issues in forest resources management and biodiversity protection in Lao PDR,
- Proven experience with report writing – technical, planning and management, and
- Good working knowledge of English.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to NNP1PC Office on 2nd Floor of Sky City Building, P.O. Box 5503, Sibounheuang Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
T: +856-21-261251, Fax: +856-21-261252.
Closing date for application is September 8th, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.
For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com