Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
TEAM LEADER - LIVELIHOOD DEVELOPMENT FOR SELF-RESETTLERS (RE-ADVERTISMENT)
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is operating a 290-MW hydropower project to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction in Laos. To assist in creating and operating a world-class hydropower project with international-standard environmental and social programs, NNP1PC is looking for the following staff:
POSITION: Team leader – Livelihood development for self-resettlement program
Location: Site Office in Hatngiun Village, Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay Province, Lao PDR
- Arrange for the day-to-day management of the Livelihood Team for Self Resettlers, including, but not limited to work planning, scheduling, budgeting, assigning tasks, Vehicle schedule and booking, review leave requests, approve Document Approval Sheet, and assist in conducting staff performance assessments,
- Provide information from the Livelihood Team for inclusion in the Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Progress Reports and other reporting requirements,
- Provide technical assistance and training to Livelihood Officers to ensure that appropriate livelihood activities are effectively implemented.
- Provide technical support and inputs to technical staff during all stages of the livelihood activities implementing, including livelihood development conceptualization, village consultation, procurement of supplies, training of Project Affected Peoples, activity implementation and activity evaluations
- Based on the Concession Agreement and Resettlement and Ethnic Development Plan commitments, Livelihood master plan and the concept of sustainable livelihoods, prepare a livelihood support strategy for self resettlers, including the exit strategy for the Livelihood Activity Support Program, in a step-by-step approach,
- Train Government staff in the concepts of the Livelihood development program and its strategy,
- Support the process of livelihood development program handing over to the Government,
- Coordinate with the other Social Management Office Livelihood Team Leaders to synchronise programs,
- Explain the livelihood activities in the field during monitoring missions and visits by relevant parties, and
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Agriculture or related field,
- Minimum eight years of work experience with livelihood activity promotion, preferably for construction projects including hydropower projects,
- Experience in managing a large team with a variety of technical competencies,
- Excellent level of English; organized and systematic approach,
- Detail oriented; Self-motivated, good in building relations with Government of Laos’ staff and villagers, and
- Microsoft Word Office package
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to NNP1PC Office on 2nd Floor of Sky City Building, P.O. Box 5503, Sibounheuang Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
T: +856-21-261251, Fax: +856-21-261252.
Closing date for application is June 29st, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.
For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com