Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
SENIOR OFFICER - LIVELIHOOD DEVELOPMENT IN 2UR
Full Time, Others
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is operating a 290-MW hydropower project to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction in Laos. To assist in creating and operating a world-class hydropower project with international-standard environmental and social programs, NNP1PC is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: SENIOR OFFICER-LIVELIHOOD DEVELOPMENT
Location: Based in Thaviengxay Office, Thathom District, Xaysomboun Province
- Lead, manage, implement and supervise the livelihood programme, with a specific focus on crop promotion and livestock development for Project Affected People and Households (PAHs) in responsible village,
- Facilitate the process of crop farmer group establishment and its implementation,
- Set up and build the capacity for crop farmer groups especially on rice, cash crop and fruit tree farmer group management, Good Agriculture Practice (GAP), monitoring and reporting system to make sure they link effectively to existing market system,
- Assist the technical and marketing networking for crop farmer groups and communities,
- Develop the production group development plans for each village,
- Build the capacity of Village Extension Workers (VEW) and crop model farmers on both technical and management manners and this includes but is not limited to technical advice and assistance for VEWs and crop model farmers, support the process of the smart farmer certification,
- Prepares weekly & monthly & other reports on the relevant activities,
- Set up and regularly update of related data of livelihood activities for each village,
- Attends regular 2UR Team meetings and other meeting as assignment, and
- Perform other tasks when required by the management.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, major in crop and livestock development or in related field,
- At least three years of experience in Agriculture Development and Livelihood Restoration programs,
- Experience in working for different stakeholders and remote area,
- Advanced degree in English (reading, writing and speaking),
- Be able to communicate Hmong Language,
- Good Planning and Management skills,
- Organized and systematic approach,
- Detail oriented and Self-Motivated,
- MS Office package, internet and email.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to NNP1PC Office on 2nd Floor of Sky City Building, P.O. Box 5503, Sibounheuang Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
T: +856-21-261251, Fax: +856-21-261252.
Closing date for application is June 29th, 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com