Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
Apply Job Online OR Apply Job Offline
TEAM LEADER - LIVELIHOOD DEVELOPMENT (RE-ADVERTISMENT)
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is operating a 290-MW hydropower project to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction in Laos. To assist in creating and operating a world-class hydropower project with international-standard environmental and social programs, NNP1PC is looking for the following staff:
POSITION: Livelihood team leader for Phouhomxay resettelement areas, zone 4 and zone 5
Location: Owner Site Office and Village in Hat Ngiun Village, Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay province
- Work with other livelihood development team members to manage, supervise and implement the livelihood programmes in the mentioned zones, with a specific focus on agriculture, livestock, fishery and occupation development in Phouhomxay, host and downstream villages to obtain the best outcomes,
- Provide technical support to livelihood officers to establish a range of livelihood options for the Project Affected People (PAP) including conducting participatory experiment, scaling-up and transferring the best practices to other development areas,
- Lead the livelihood team to implement the plan for soil improvement, Good Agriculture Practice at Phouhomxay Area including host and downstream villages on behalf the Deputy Manager when he/she is absent as requested,
- Lead the livelihood team to manage the irrigation system in Phouhomxay area and supervises the Demonstration Farm Activities,
- Plan and report the progresses on the livelihood development programme in Phouhomxay, host and downstream villages,
- Establish good relations with GOL staff working at the Project sites including maintaining a good relationship with the Provincial and District Agriculture (PAFP and DAFO),
- Organize occasional missions with the Ministry of Agriculture to the livelihood program,
- Deal with other issues in relation to the Livelihood Activities as they may arise and are assigned by the management, and
- Perform other tasks when required.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced University Degree in Agriculture or related field,
- At least eight years of experience in the field of Agriculture, Forestry and Outreach Programme,
- Professional experiences on cash crop and Integrated Farming an advantage,
- Advanced degree in written, reading and Spoken English,
- Organized and systematic approach,
- Detail oriented and Self-Motivated,
- Willing to do experimental work at the Phouhomxay Resource Centre.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to NNP1PC Office on 2nd Floor of Sky City Building, P.O. Box 5503, Sibounheuang Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
T: +856-21-261251, Fax: +856-21-261252.
Closing date for application is March 17th, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com