Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
Apply Job Online OR Apply Job Offline
TEAM LEADER – ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE AND WASTE MANAGEMENT
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is operating a 290-MW hydropower project to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction in Laos. To assist in creating and operating a world-class hydropower project with international-standard environmental and social programs, NNP1PC is looking for potential candidates to fill the following position.
POSITION: team Leader – environmental compliance and waste management
Location: Owner’s Site Office and Village, Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay Province, Lao PDR
- Lead environmental inspection of NNP1 Project’s operational sites and new/existing construction sites,
- Monitor and report on the progress of revegetation and rehabilitation sites,
- Plan and coordinate with relevant Divisions to implement monitoring activities of contractor environmental compliance requirement as well as making follow-ups as per agreed schedules,
- Lead the investigation and preparation of environmental related incident reports should it occur,
- Record, report and maintain observations made during inspections on standard inspection checklist and complete incident reports within the companies Environmental Management System (EMS),
- Reviews and assess contractor’s submitted documents e.g. Decommissioning and Rehabilitation Plan, relevant design drawings on environmental matters for adherence to applicable regulations and standards,
- Prepare and submit Bi-Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Reports on the activity progresses,
- Participate and support missions and initial draft presentations to them as requested by line manager,
- Collaborate with the local authorities on the community waste and Houy Soup landfill operation, and
- Contribute to audits as required, and perform other tasks when required.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental, Engineering or related field,
- At least five years of experiences in environmental compliance monitoring,
- Proven experience within the scope of environmental compliance monitoring and waste management within major construction sites,
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationship,
- Ability to write clear and accurate technical reports related to inspection and monitoring procedures,
- Good in English (writing, speaking and listening),
- Native with Lao language, and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Words, Excel, Power Points etc.).
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to NNP1PC Office on 2nd Floor of Sky City Building, P.O. Box 5503, Sibounheuang Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
T: +856-21-261251, Fax: +856-21-261252.
Closing date for application is March 2nd, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com