Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
Apply Job Online OR Apply Job Offline
OFFICER- WATERSHED MANAGEMENT (Re-advertisement)
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is operating a 290-MW hydropower project to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction in Laos. To assist in creating and operating a world-class hydropower project with international-standard environmental and social programs, NNP1PC is looking for the following staff:
POSITION: OFFICER-WATERSHED MANAGEMENT
Location: Owner's Site Office and Village in Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay Province with regular travel to Xaysomboun Province (Anouvong, Hom and Thathom Districts)
- Assist NNP1 team to collect all necessary information for the preparation and implementation of NNP1 Watershed Management Plan,
- Support Team Leader in the preparation and implementation of NNP1 Watershed Management Plan,
- Conduct and participate in surveys, studies and investigations of various land uses, gathering information for use in developing corrective action plan,
- Perform significant field-based activities supplemented by data and observation,
- Assist in coordination and provision of technical support to Watershed and Reservoir Protection Office (WRPO) in Xaysomboun and Bolikhamxay Provinces,
- Develop strong working relationships among WRPO, stakeholders, local government and authorities,
- Prepare relevant environmental documentation under the guidance of the Team Leader,
- Undertake regular and ad-hoc reporting according to the requirements of the Position,
- Promote and support knowledge sharing and learning among colleagues and stakeholders, and
- Perform any other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduated in watershed/forest resource management, agriculture or related discipline, at least in diploma or Bachelor Degree,
- At least two years of work experience in the field of forest resource management, project management and livelihood improvement in rural environment,
- Good working knowledge on biodiversity conservation, livelihood or sustainable development,
- Understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and their use in watershed management planning monitoring and reporting,
- Good working knowledge of English,
- Proven experience with planning, legislation and policy in relation to forestry resource management in Lao PDR,
- Knowledge of governance issues in forest resources management and biodiversity protection in Lao PDR,
- Proven experience with report writing – technical, planning and management.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring hard copy to NNP1PC Office on 2nd Floor of Sky City Building, P.O. Box 5503, Sibounheuang Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
T: +856-21-261251, Fax: +856-21-261252.
Closing date for application is February 20th, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com