Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
Apply Job Online OR Apply Job Offline
TEAM LEADER – SOCIO ECONOMIC MONITORING
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is operating a 290-MW hydropower project to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction in Laos. To assist in creating and operating a world-class hydropower project with international-standard environmental and social programs, NNP1PC is looking for the following staff:
POSITION: Team leader – Socio economic monitoring
Location: Site Office in Hatngiun Village, Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay Province, Lao PDR
- Provide input and expertise into the monitoring sector systems and policies in close coordination with the Social Specialist, International consultant and based on the requirements of Social Managemetn Office and Environment and Social Division and in line with ADB Safeguard policy statement and Government of Laos (GoL) regulations,
- Implement the day-to-day activities of the Socio-Economic Monitoring Team including but not limited to activities and car scheduling, budgeting, reporting, staff performance evaluation, coaching & training and other Supervisory functions,
- Plan, design, prepare for and implement the biannual socio-economic survey including all arrangements for consultants, consultancy companies and supervision,
- Plan, design, prepare for and implement the Ongoing Socio-Economic Monitoring (OSEM),
- Prepare periodic reports and presentations as required in English language,
- Prepare periodic reports and presentations as required in Lao language for staff and GoL counterparts,
- Prepare other regular or thematic reports as requested,
- Support the work of the international socio-economic monitoring consultants,
- Provide translation for international consultants and the Lao staff of the Social Economic Mobitoring team as required,
- Conduct training of staff of Environmentl and Social Division on monitoring related topics as required and/or requested, and
- Perform other tasks as they may arise and are reasonably assigned by the management.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Development, Sociology or similar field,
- Minimum five years’ work experience with, preferably with socio economic monitoring for hydropower, rural development projects,
- Experience with survey/questionnaire data management and presenting survey findings to relevant counterparts,
- Proven experience leading a team and working with government staff,
- Proven experience working with international consultants,
- Excellent English including English language reporting, and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Words, Excel, Power Points etc.).
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring hard copy to NNP1PC Office on 2nd Floor of Sky City Building, P.O. Box 5503, Sibounheuang Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
T: +856-21-261251, Fax: +856-21-261252.
Closing date for application is January 31st, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.
For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com