Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
OFFICER-LIVELIHOOD DEVELOPMENT (LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES)
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company
(NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State
Enterprise, is operating a 290-MW hydropower project to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty
reduction in Laos. To assist in creating and operating a world-class hydropower project with international-standard
environmental and social programs, NNP1PC is looking for the following staff:
POSITION: OFFICER-LIVELIHOOD DEVELOPMENT (LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES)
Location: Owner Site Office and Village in Hat Ngiun Village, Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay province
- To manage, implement and supervise the livelihood programme, with a specific focus on livestock and fisheries and
occupation development for Project Affected People and Households in Phouhomxay, host and downstream villages to
obtain the best product and outcomes,
- Assist the Livelihood team leader to establish a range of livelihood options for Project Affected People (PAP) related to
livestock and Fisheries occupation,
- Assist the livelihood team leader to develop market chain analysis, cost benefit analysis of livestock and fisheries
- Assists the livelihood team leader in preparation of training curriculums, IEC materials and training materials for Livelihood
Activities with a focus on livestock and fisheries,w
- Data entry and report the progresses on the livelihood development programme in Phouhomxay, host and downstream
- Work closely with the other members of the Livelihood Team and PAP in particular the laggard and vulnerable households.
- Work together with Provincial Agriculture and Forestry Office (PAFO) and (District Agriculture and Forestry Office) DAFO
on the agricultural and fishery activities, and
- Perform other tasks when required.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Agriculture major on Livestock and Fisheries or related field,
- At least five years of work experiences in livestock and fisheries, livelihood development and other community outreach
- Working experiences with ethnic minority are an advantage,
- Advanced degree in English language (reading, writing and speaking),
- Organized and systematic approach,
- Detail oriented and Self-Motivated,
- Ability to travel and work onsite for extended periods.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with
clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring hard copy to NNP1PC Office on 2nd Floor of Sky City Building,
P.O. Box 5503, Sibounheuang Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
T: +856-21-261251, Fax: +856-21-261252.
Closing date for application is March 4th, 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing. For further
information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com