Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
Monitoring Consultant for Bent-toed gecko (Cyrtodactylus sp.) and Lao Warty Newt (Laotriton laoensis) as an Individual Local Consultant
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Co. Ltd. (hereinafter called “The Owner”), co-owned by KPIC Netherlands, a subsidiary of Japan’s Kansai Electric Power, EGAT International of Thailand, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, was established to develop the Nam Ngiep 1 Hydropower Project (“Project”). The Owner is now operating a 290-MW Project in Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay Province in order to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction in Laos. As part of our Project, the “Owner” is looking for the following staff (Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: Monitoring Consultant for Bent-toed gecko (Cyrtodactylus sp.) and Lao Warty Newt (Laotriton laoensis) as an Individual Local Consultant
Location: NNP1 watershed area in Xaysomboun Province
Duration: November 2021 to February 2022 (4 months)
- Prepare the Bent-toed Gecko Monitoring Plan,
- Prepare the Laos Warty Newt Monitoring Plan,
- Conduct Bent-toed Geckos and Laos Warty Newt Monitoring Field Surveys, and
- Support the development of species-specific mitigation.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Vast knowledge of reptile and amphibian species ecology.
- 5 years of experience in research of reptile and amphibian species,
- Preferably with 3 years of proven experience working in Lao PDR and/or within the Mekong River basin.
- Preferably with previous experience in designing reptile and amphibian species surveys and monitoring plans for No Net Loss (NNL), and/or previous experience assessing population of retiles and amphibian species against ADB or IFC PS6 criteria.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV), technical proposal, and the price proposal in LAK in the sealed envelope to Nam Ngiep Power Company Limited (NNP1PC) before or by Friday, 29th October 2021 at 17:00 (local time).
The Terms of Reference can be obtained by submission of writing application (email) to the address below during office hours:
Procurement and Contract Department, Administration Division, NNP1PC, 2nd Floor of Sky City Building, Sybounheuang Village, Chanthaboury District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: + 856-21-265185, Fax: +856-21 265186.