Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
OFFICER- WATERSHED MANAGEMENT
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power
Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao
Holding State Enterprise, is operating 290-MW power plants to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to
poverty reduction. To assist in creating world-class power plants with international-standard environmental and social
Programs, NNP1PC is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: OFFICER- WATERSHED MANAGEMENT
Location: Owner’s Site Office and Village, Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay Province with regular travel to Xaysomboun Province
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
- Assist NNP1 team to collect all necessary information for the preparation and implementation of NNP1 Watershed Management Plan.
- Support Team Leader in the preparation and implementation of NNP1 Watershed Management Plan.
- Conduct and participate in surveys, studies and investigations of various land uses, gathering information for use in developing corrective action plans. Perform significant field based activities supplemented by data and observations.
- Assist in coordination and provision of technical support to Watershed and Reservoir Protection Office (WRPO) in Xaysomboun and Bolikhamxay Provinces organizing and preparing meeting agenda, meeting materials and coordinating project activities implementation.
- Develop strong working relationships among WRPO, stakeholders, local government and authorities.
- Prepare the relevant environmental documentation under the guidance of the Team Leader.
- Undertake regular and ad-hoc reporting according to the requirements of the Position.
- Promote and support knowledge sharing and learning among colleagues and stakeholders.
- Perform any other related duties as required
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduated in watershed/forest resource management, agriculture or related discipline, at least in diploma or Bachelor Degree.
- At least 2 years of work experience in the field of forest resource management, project management and livelihood improvement in rural environment.
- Good working knowledge on biodiversity conservation, livelihood or sustainable development.
- Understanding of geographic information systems (GIS) and their use in watershed management planning monitoring and reporting.
- Organisational and interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Good working knowledge of English
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to NNP1PC office on 2nd Floor of Sky City Building, P.O. Box 5503, Sibounheuang Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane, Lao PDR. Tel: 856-21-261251, Fax: 856-21-261252.
Closing date for application is August 3rd, 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.
For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com