Nam Ngiep1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep1 Power Company (NNP1), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International of Thailand, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep1 is looking for the following staff (Lao nationals preferred):
- To Newly make drawings and/or to revise existing drawings with AutoCAD within a due date in accordance with the instruction by managers, assistant managers and engineers of Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC).
- To control/manage the latest drawing list and drawings for Project facilities
- To check and/or calculate amount and volume of designated works from drawings.(e.g. calculation of excavation volume, form work, re-bar from the drawings) and draft quantity document of work volume within a due date.
- To take initiative to educate and give lectures to all the staff of NNP1PC including local staff or engineers for making drawings by AutoCAD.
- To inspect and manage construction works done by contractors of the Project at the site.
- To report related works above to senior management of NNP1PC, managers, assistant managers and any other staff of Technical Division and Environmental Social Division as applicable.
- To support design works (e.g. FEM Model, Slope Stability Model, Seepage Analysis Model) by using AutoCAD DATA, when instructed.
- To attend the meetings with Government of Lao PDR and/ or any other related parties of the Project, make explanations in the meeting including translation between English and Lao, when instructed.
- To draft documents including summarizing drawings, translations between English and Lao, and design statement, bidding documents, when instructed.
- More than 3 years’ experience on design and/or construction works as CAD operator
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or architecture
- Self-starter with good working attitude and ability to multi-tasks
- Able to work under pressure and unsupervised
- Good cross-cultural communication skill in English and cooperative attitude
- Good computer skills (not only AutoCAD but also Microsoft Office)
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: 021 261 251 Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 22nd July 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com