Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
TEAM LEADER - CIVIL ENGINEER
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is operating 290-MW power plants to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating world-class power plants with international-standard environmental and social programs, NNP1PC is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: TEAM LEADER - CIVIL ENGINEER
Location: Owner’s Site Office and Village, Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay Province
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
- Plan, survey, design and monitor all civil work related activities as agreed in the Annual Business Implementation Plan (ABIP),
- Ensure that all technical aspects including procedures, materials and equipment used for contract execution comply with scope of works and contractual specifications,
- Work closely with the team members project area residents, local authorities and other stakeholders to ensure that all pending works are accomplished according to the key milestones set in the Project ABIP and Project Completion Date,
- Facilitate the villagers and relevant Government departments to follow the facilities maintenance plan to ensure that the condition of the different facilities to comply with the relevant national standards,
- Lead the preparation of the TORs including Bill of Quantities and DAS for obtaining management approval to implement various activities,
- Review and provide evaluations/inputs as necessary in the bidding documents and provide required documents for management authorization,
- Monitor and supervise work progress in particular key works of the contracts and prepare progress reports,
- Develop and implement quality control for development of sites, and
- Perform other tasks when required
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or higher,
- At least five years of experience in design, supervision and construction of irrigations, roads and bridges and other community infrastructures as an advantage.
- Competent in Road and Bridge Design Software such as AutoCAD (2D and 3D), Sketch up, MS Office,
- Organized and systematic approach and good in building relations with GoL staff and villagers,
- Ability to travel and work onsite for extended periods, and
- English – reading, speaking and writing at the advanced level.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring hard copy to NNP1PC office on 2nd Floor of Sky City Building, P.O. Box 5503, Sibounheuang Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane, Lao PDR. Tel: 856-21-261251, Fax: 856-21-261252.
Closing date for application is December 18th, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.
For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com