Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
SENIOR OFFICER- BIODIVERSITY MANAGEMENT
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to Poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social Programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: SENIOR OFFICER- BIODIVERSITY MANAGEMENT.
Location: Owner’s Site Office and Village, Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay Province.
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
- Understand all environmental related aspects of NNP1 Project of particular relevant to watershed and biodiversity program from the existing contractual agreements / obligations and Project reporting including but not limited to the following:
- Project Concession Agreement (CA) – Annex C,
- Environment and Social Monitoring and Management Plan During Operational Phase (ESMMP-OP),
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (EIA),
- Biodiversity Offset Framework (BOF),
- Project Monitoring Reports from external parties such as from Independent Advisory Panel (IAP), ADB, Lender Technical Advisor (LTA)
- Provide technical support and assistance to Team Leader on the preparation and implementation of Annual Implementation Plan (AIP) of particular the implementation of NNP1 Biodiversity Offset Management Plan (BOMP) in coordination with relevant GOL offices.
- Provide technical support and evaluation in conducting and/or participating in the surveys, studies, investigations and gathering all necessary information related to biodiversity management program under supervision of Team Leader.
- Provide support and assistance to Team Leader in organising the consultation meetings/workshops, training and technical study etc. including the preparation of budget estimates and participation in the events and the elaboration of records/minutes of the meetings/workshops.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in environmental sciences, wildlife conservation, forestry, biology, ecology or related discipline.
- At least two years of experience within the scope of landscape management, species recovery, environmental planning, biodiversity conservation, species management and community development.
- Prior experiences working with similar Projects in Lao PDR will be an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of Governance issues related to biodiversity, natural resources management, protected area management and conservation in Lao PDR.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to our office: 2nd Floor of Sky City Building, P.O. Box 5503, Sibounheuang Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane, Lao PDR. Tel: 856-21-261251, Fax: 856-21-261252.
Closing date for application is December 4th, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.
For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com