Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
TEAM LEADER - LIVELIHOOD RESTORATION PROGAMME FOR PHOUHOMXAY
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to Poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social Programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: team leader - Livelihood restoration Progamme for Phouhomxay, zone 4 and zone 5.
Location: Owner’s Site Office and Village, Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay Province.
- Manage the Livelihood Team,
- Establish a range of livelihood options for Project Affected People (PAP),
- Establish and manage the post resettlement livelihood activities for resettlement of 2 LR, Hatsaykham at the Phouhomxay Resettlement areas, Zone 4 and Zone 5 and Resource Centre,
- Supervise Demonstration Farm activities,
- Establish and manage the Soil Improvement Programme at the Phouhomxay Resettlement Area,
- Establish and manage livelihood activities in Zone 4 and Zone 5,
- Supervise the vocational training programme,
- Establish good relations with GOL staff working at the Project sites including maintaining a good relationship with the Provincial and District Agriculture (PAFP and DAFO),
- Organize occasional missions with the Ministry of Agriculture to the livelihood program,
- Deal with other issues in relation to the livelihood activities as they may arise and are assigned by a direct supervisor,
- Conduct regular field visits in the Project zones,
- Draft weekly and monthly reports on the livelihood activities, and
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Deputy Manager-Livelihood Restoration Programme.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Agriculture or related field,
- Professional experiences on Village Saving Fund and Integrated Farming would be an advantage,
- Demonstrated effective communication skills & ability to establish & maintain positive working relationship,
- Strong written and Spoken English,
- Ability to travel and work onsite for extended period, and
- Ability to write clear and accurate technical reports based on inspection & monitoring procedures.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to our office: 2nd Floor of Sky City Building, P.O. Box 5503, Sibounheuang Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane, Lao PDR. Tel: 856-21-261251, Fax: 856-21-261252.
Closing date for application is April 10th, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.
For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com