Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
SENIOR OFFICER - BIODIVERSITY MANAGEMENT
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to Poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social Programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: Senior Officer - Biodiversity Management
Location: Owner’s Site Office and Village (Base Camp), Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay Province
- Provide technical support & assistance to Team Leader on preparation and implementation of Annual Implementation Plan of particular the implementation of NNP1 Biodiversity Offset Management Plan in coordination with relevant GOL offices,
- Provide technical support & evaluation in conducting and/or participating in the surveys, studies, investigations and gathering all necessary information related to biodiversity management program under supervision of Team Leader,
- Provide support and assistance to Team Leader in organizing consultation meetings/workshops, training and technical study etc. including preparation of budget estimates and participation in the events and elaboration of records/minutes of the meetings/workshops,
- Provide regular reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly & annually) to Team Leader as well as inquired by line manager,
- Collaborate with GOL counterparts including but not limited to Watershed and Reservoir Protection Office, Biodiversity Offset Management Unit, EMU, District and Village Authorities, Village Head both within the project area and externally.
- Perform other tasks assigned by Team leader/Deputy Manager.
- In-depth knowledge of Governance issues related to biodiversity, natural resources management, protected area management and conservation in Lao PDR,
- Strong presentation, organizational and communication skills,
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with regulators (GOL) and related departments,
- Able to commence field work in remote area including but not limited to survey, study, assessment, etc., and
- Able to use GIS and mapping tools and computer application including but not limited to Google Earth, ArcGIS, SMART, Database, etc.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in environmental sciences, wildlife conservation, forestry, biology, ecology or related discipline,
- At least 2 years of experience within the scope of landscape management, species recovery, environmental planning, biodiversity conservation, species management and community development,
- Prior experience working with similar Projects in Lao PDR will be an advantage, and
- Advanced command of verbal and written English and MS Office package.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: 021 261 251, Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is February 10th, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com