Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
TEAM LEADER - ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE & WASTE MANAGEMENT
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, aims to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class hydropower project with international-standard environmental and social Programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: Team Leader - Environmental Compliance & Waste Management
Location: Owner’s Site Office and Village (OSOV-Base Camp)
- Monitor and inspect NNP1PC operational sites & decommissioned sites of principal Contractors and its sub-contractors,
- Compliance monitoring will involve landfill/waste management, site decommissioning, rehabilitation & vegetation, hazardous material & waste, sediment and erosion control, biodiversity and other environmental issues as required,
- Plan & implement daily monitoring activities of contractor environmental compliance requirement,
- Lead inspection of NNP1PC operational sites & construction works of contractors on a regular basic to check that appropriate environmental measures are adequate & being implemented.
- Review & evaluate contractor documentation, for example, Site Specific Environmental and Social Impact Management Plan, Site Decommissioning & Rehabilitation Plan, relevant design drawings that relevant to environmental matters (wastewater treatment system, sanitary system, erosion control facilities etc) for adherence to established regulations & standards,
- Record, report & maintain observations made during inspections on standard inspection checklist & complete incident reports within the companies Environmental Management System,
- Support the work function of the EMO compliance staff as required,
- Take responsibility for periodic & ad-hoc report as required to the compliance team,
- Attend an internally NNP1PC management system ISO14001 implementation & internal audit,
- Lead on monthly hazardous materials inventory & prepare a report identifying any discrepancy between changes in inventory and hazardous materials transportation records,
- Draft Weekly Report, Monthly Report, Quarterly Report and newsletters for internal circulation, and
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Deputy Manager-Environmental Compliance and Monitoring.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental sciences or environmental civil engineering,
- Proven experience within the scope of landscape management, recovery, environmental planning & biodiversity management within the major construction site,
- It is expected that applicants will have a sound understanding & experience of environmental management within a major construction site & the impacts this type of activity has on the above-mentioned environmental attributes. The contractors are required to work within ADB Social & Environmental Safeguard Policy Statement & as such the minimum standards to be applied,
- Demonstrated effective communication skills & ability to establish & maintain positive working relationship, and
- Ability to write clear and accurate technical reports related to inspection & monitoring procedures.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: 021 261 251, Fax: 021 261 252.
Closing date for application is January 31st, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.
For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com