Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
TEAM LEADER-LIVELIHOOD FOR SELF- RESETTLERS
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for potential Lao candidates to fill in the following position.
POSITION: TEAM LEADER-LIVELIHOOD FOR SELF- RESETTLERS
Location: Base on Hom District, Xaysomboun Province.
- Manages the Livelihood Team for Self Resettlers.
- Prepares regular presentations on the progress of implementation of the livelihood program
- Manages the activity expenses to ensure that the livelihood activity program remains within the approved budget, through coordination with the SMO financial controller.
- Participate in internal meetings as scheduled for the Social Management Office.
- Provides technical assistance and training to Livelihood team, to ensure that appropriate livelihood activities are implemented in a high standard.
- Provides technical support and inputs to technical staff during all stages of the livelihood activities, including conceptualization, village consultation, procurement of supplies, training of PAPs, activity implementation and activity evaluations.
- Establishes and manages the Livelihood activity program for self resettlers, including a step by step exit strategy.
- Manages the coordination with DAFO and PAFO on an implementation level.
- Coordinates with the other SMO Livelihood Team Leaders to synchronise programs.
- Explains the livelihood activities in the field during monitoring missions and visits by relevant parties.
- Other issues in relation to the Livelihood Activities for the ESD as they may arise and are reasonably assigned by the SMO-DM Resettlement and Livelihood Restoration or the SMO Manager.
- Weekly progress updates, Monthly and Quarterly Progress Reports and other reporting requirements.
- Perform other tasks assigned by Deputy Manager and Manager.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Agriculture or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of work experiences in Livelihood activities promotion, preferably for construction projects including hydropower projects.
- Experience in managing a large team with a variety of technical competencies.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Organized and systematic approach.
- Detail oriented and Self-Motivated.
- Good in building relations with GoL staff and villagers.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: 021 261 251, Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 6th December, 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com