JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for potential candidates to fill in the following position.
POSITION: Senior Watershed Management Officer
(Based in Pakxan office and Site office and Village)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Assist in developing a watershed management plan through the collection and analysis of land use and resource information and identification of stakeholder concerns.
- Assist Nam Ngiep1 team to collect all necessary information for the preparation and implementation of Watershed Management Plan.
- Support Team Leader in the preparation and implementation of Nam Ngiep1 Watershed Management Plan.
- Conduct and participate in surveys, studies and investigations of various land uses, gathering information for use in developing corrective action plans. Perform significant field based activities supplemented by data and observations.
- Support the preparation of sub catchment plans in consultation with other Environmental Management Office’s staff.
- Assist in coordination and provision of technical support to Watershed and Reservoir Protection Committee (WRPC) and Watershed and Reservoir Protection Office (WRPO) in Xaysomboun and Bolikhamxay Provinces organizing and preparing meeting agenda, meeting materials and coordinating project activities implementation.
- Develop strong working relationships among WRPC/WRPO, stakeholders, local government and authorities.
- Assist in preparing technical reports to ensure compliance with CA and EMMP - CP requirements.
- Prepare the relevant environmental documentation under the guidance of the Team Leader.
- Undertake regular and ad-hoc reporting according to the requirements of the position.
- Promote and support knowledge sharing and learning among colleagues and stakeholders.
- University degree in watershed/forest/natural resource management, environmental sciences/engineering, and agriculture/water resource management.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the field of watershed management or natural resource management, project management and in rural environment.
- Good working knowledge on biodiversity conservation, livelihood or sustainable development.
- Understanding of geographic information systems (GIS) and their use in watershed management planning monitoring and reporting.
- Organisational and interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholder.
- Proven experience with planning, legislation, mitigation and policy in relation to forestry and watershed management in Lao PDR.
- Experience with hydropower projects and initiatives linking watershed management and facility operations.
- Considerable experience with strategic themes, directions, condition and network of watershed management in Lao PDR.
- Knowledge of Governance issues in watershed management, natural resources management, forestry and conservation in Lao PDR
- Proven experience with report writing - technical, planning and management.
- High level experience working with consultants, preparing work plans and overseeing outputs and quality.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring a hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: 021 261 251 Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 11 February 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.