JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for potential candidates to fill in the following position.
POSITION: Off-Farm Livelihood Officer
(Based in Phouhomxay Resource Center office, Ban Phouhomxay, Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay Province)
- Assist the Livelihood Team Leader to design the Off-Farm Livelihoods Activities as part of the Livelihood Activity Plan, including data collection on current Off-Farm Livelihoods Activities, practices and market opportunities in relevant project zones.
- Obtain an overview, identify and analyse the Off-Farm Livelihoods Activities in current target villages and the potential Off-Farm Livelihoods Activities in the new resettlement area.
- Develop Off-Farm Livelihoods Activities development strategy for new resettlement area.
- Draft the outline Off-Farm Livelihoods Activities development action plan.
- Plan, budget and report on Off-Farm Livelihood Activities.
- Establish relationships with relevant government agencies related to Off-Farm Livelihoods Activities.
- Establish relationships with relevant commercial sectors related to Off-Farm Livelihoods Activities.
- Provide technical assistance to the demonstration farm team on their program related to Off-Farm Livelihoods Activities experiments and demonstrations.
- Engage Project Affected Households (PAH) in Off-Farm Livelihoods Activities
- Conduct trainings for PAH on Off-Farm Livelihoods Activities.
- Organise relevant farmer exchange visits and study tours.
- Works closely with members of the Livelihood Team and the Resettlement Preparation Team on outreach activities for livelihood activities, the Monitoring Team and Database Team on data collection for activity implementation, Resettlers, Village Authorities, District authorities and Resettlement Management Unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in forestry or rural development, social development, engineering or relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience on working with related to off-farm livelihood activities in rural areas and in implementing micro finance programs.
- Excellent communication and training skills to work on a practical level with farmers.
- Excellent computer skills, especially Word, Excel and Power point.
- Good working level of English including English language reporting.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and mention your expect Gross Salary, including related document with clearly stating the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: 021 261 251, Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 15th January 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com