JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: SENIOR OFFICER – COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IN SOCIAL MANAGEMENT OFFICE
(Based in Paksan Office and Phouhomxay Village)
- Support the Social Development Team in implementing Social Development Annual Implementation Plan in particular activities implemented at Phouhomxay Resettlement Areas and host villages. These activities include Health, Education, Vulnerable Household and Gender Program.
- Report the outcomes of the meeting with the counterparts, villagers and local authorities to the Deputy Manager-Social Development to ensure that progresses, issues and constraints are shared among team members.
- Implement the day-to-day activities of the social development component to ensure that villagers have a better understanding and ownership of the village fixed asset provided by the Project in the Phouhomxay Resettlement Areas and host communities.
- Assist the local administrative to establish and improve the Village Asset Management according to the Village Development Plan.
- Review any village or operational guidelines to ensure they comply with the Lao Law, Project and national policies.
- Provide support and coordinate with the relevant sector within NNP1PC, Government of Laos counterparts, local authorities and communities in relation to the implementation of the Village Development Plan, and
- Prepare periodic reports or thematic reports and presentations as required.
- Diploma or University Degree on Social Sciences with sufficient experiences on social development and local administrative law.
- At least three years of work experience in relation to the Government of Laos administration system, Social Development and community development approach.
- Excelent time management skills; ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- MS Office package
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: 021 261 251 Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 12th April 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com