JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for the following staff (a Lao national preferred):
POSITION: HEALTH TEAM LEADER
(Based in Pakxan Office, Pakxan District, Bolikhamxay Province)
- Provides input and expertise into the Health Sector Systems, Nutrition and Camp Followers and Policies in close coordination with the Deputy Manager and Manager, based on the requirements of Environment and Social Division (E&SD) and in line with ADB Safeguard Policy, and the Government of Laos Regulations.
- Implements day-to-day activities of the Health team including but not limited to scheduling, budgeting, reporting, staff performance evaluation, coaching and training, and other supervisory functions.
- Assists in the updating of the Health Action Plan in accordance to the Concession Agreement, SDP, REDP and GoL policy, taking into consideration ADB’s SPS and additional project information.
- Implements the Health, Nutrition and Camp Followers Action Plan.
- Implements regular monitoring of the health, nutrition and camp followers status of all Project Affected Peoples and reporting of such monitoring to the Project, GoL and Communities.
- Works closely with the Community Development team to improve other social development activities.
- Attends monitoring missions and make presentations to them as assigned by the Deputy Manager/Manager - SMO
- Conducts training for ESD staff on health related topics as required and/or requested.
- Coordinates closely with other departments regarding their requirements in relation to health.
- Update weekly and monthly summary progress of work performed including next month’s schedule,
- Performs other relevant tasks as needed.
- University Degree in the Medical or related field.
- Experience in planning and implementation of Health Action Plans.
- Experience in working for different stakeholders such as ADB, NGO.
- At least 10 years of work experience.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- MS Office package.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Laos PDR. Tel: 021 261 251 Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 10th March 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com