JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: DEPUTY MANAGER – ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE AND MONITORING
(Based in Vientiane Office and from Time to Time at Base Camp and Pakxan Office)
- Manage the overall NNP1 contractor compliance monitoring programs. Ensure the project contractors operate according to requirements set out in the Concession Agreement, GOL regulations and ADB Safeguard Policy Statements. Supervises Environmental Compliance Specialists, and a number of junior Inspection staff,
- Lead in the technical and managerial aspects of contractor compliance monitoring relating to water quality, landfill/waste management, air quality, noise and vibration, vegetation clearing, cultural physical resources, sediment and erosion control and other environmental issues as required, and develop appropriate management and operational responses,
- Be responsible for long-term planning, scheduling and quality control. Prepare and implement annual budgets for the Monitoring and Inspection sub-team. Create Purchase Order requests and procure supplies and equipment when appropriate. Work efficiently and cooperatively with multiple departments within the NNP1. Fully meet or exceed all internal policies and procedures,
- Review and evaluate contractor documentation, for example ESMMP-CP and SS ESMMPs, for adherence to established regulations and standards,
- Manage compliance reporting as it relates to the Project,
- Independently plan for and supervise EMO technical staff to implement daily monitoring activities of Contractor environmental compliance requirements,
- Report on the progress of any corrective or preventative action arising from environmental incidents or environmental non-conformance reports,
- Report environmental incidents and or environmental non-conformance in accordance with the NNP1PC environmental management requirements.
- Master degree qualification in a natural resources management, environmental engineering, or relevant,
- Five years of related experience in compliance monitoring of construction, preferably hydropower in Lao PDR,
- Ability to manage, priorities, plan and organize work within tight time frames,
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders, including customers, regulators (GOL), service providers and Lao communities,
- Have experience in management and supervision experience of more than 10 employees, including goal setting and performance evaluation,
- Must have experience in following construction work plans and schedules, and be well experienced in Occupational Health & Safety procedures and protocols,
- Have experience in writing internal/external technical reports and negotiating outcomes,
- Experience in problem solving and work prioritization,
- Excellent time management skills.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: 021 261 251 Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 19rd February 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com