JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: LIVELIHOOD OFFICER
(Based in Thaviengxay Office, Thathom District, Xaysomboun Province)
- Make sure that all the relevant livelihood activities especially on farm and off farm development of Project Affected Households and production groups in the target villages are well implemented and reach its goals.
- Provide and assist with capacity building to relevant Project Affected People (PAP) on livelihood development especially on farm and off farm development through training, on-the-job training, and field visits.
- Develop the model farmer for concerned livelihood development activities and also the materials for activity promotion.
- Set up and build capacity for agriculture production groups especially on large livestock raising to make sure they link effectively to the existing market system.
- Facilitate the establishment process of production groups and village development planning and its implementation.
- Build capacity of Village Extension Workers (VEW), Village Volunteers on both technical and management manners.
- Conduct field visits and exchange of experience for both VEW and PAP and also the village monthly and annual meeting.
- Monitor and report on activities.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
- University degree in related field or international development.
- Minimum five years of work experience in agriculture development and livelihood restoration programs in rural areas, preferably in Laos.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of Hmong Language would be an asset.
- Good Planning and Management skills.
- Organized and systematic approach.
- Detail-oriented and Self-Motivated.
- Willing to work in remote areas.
- Be able to use MS Office package, internet and email.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: 021 261 251 Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 23rd January 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com