JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: SENIOR OFFICER- BIODIVERSITY MANAGEMENT
(Based in Pakxan Office, Pakxan District, Bolikhamxay Province)
- Understand all environmental related aspects of NNP1 project of particular relevant to watershed and biodiversity program from the existing contractual agreements / obligations and Project reporting including but not limited to Project Concession Agreement, Environmental Impact Assessment, and Biodiversity Baseline Survey reports.
- Provide technical support and assistance to the Team Leader on preparation and implementation of the Annual Implementation Plan and the NNP1 Biodiversity Offset Management Plan in coordination with relevant GOL offices.
- Provide technical support and evaluation on surveys, studies and investigation, and gather all necessary information related to biodiversity program under supervision of the Team Leader.
- Provide support and assistance to the Team Leader in organizing consultation meetings/workshops, training and technical studies etc.
- Prepare budget estimates and participate in the events; record/take minutes of meetings/workshops.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to the Team Leader and line managers.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
- Graduated in related environmental sciences, ecology or related discipline.
- At least two years of experience on species recovery, environmental planning, biodiversity conservation, and species management.
- Proven extensive experience with planning, legislation, mitigation and policy in relation to protected areas and ecosystem management and conservation - preferably in Lao PDR.
- In-depth knowledge of Governance issues on biodiversity, natural resources management and conservation in Lao PDR
- Strong presentation, organizational and communication skills,
- Experience with high level report writing - technical, planning and management.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with regulators (GOL) and related departments.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Laos PDR. Tel: 021 261 251 Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 23rd January 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com