JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: OFFICER- OFF- FARM ACTIVITY SUPPORT
(Based in Thaviengxay Office, Thathom District, Xaysomboun Province)
• Make sure that all relevant livelihood activities especially off-farm activities as an integral part of the Thathom livelihood team are well implemented and reach their goals.
• Obtain an overview, identify and analyse the off-farm activities in target villages and potential off-farm activities in the Thathom district.
• Implement the livelihood activity plan that required for off-farm activities including but not limited to planning, budgeting and reporting on the off-farm activities.
• Facilitate the process of production group and village development planning and its implementation as well as marketing support.
• Assist the Thathom Livelihood Team to design marketing strategies as part of the Livelihood Activity Plan including data collection and analyses on current marketing opportunities for a wide range of products, practices and market opportunities in relevant project zones.
• Build capacity of Village Extension Workers and Village Volunteers on both technical and management matters.
• Perform other related tasks as required.
• University degree in related field or international development.
• Minimum five years of work experience in off-farm activities and marketing development in rural areas, preferably in Laos.
• Experience in working for different stakeholders such as ADB, NGOs.
• Fluent in English.
• Good Planning and Management skills.
• Organized and systematic approach.
• Willing to work in remote areas.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Laos PDR. Tel: 021 261 251 Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 12th January 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com