JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
(Based in Site Construction Office, Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay Province)
The successful candidate will work for maintenance of 230kV Transmission Line Maintenance works and other related works in Nam Ngiep1 Project under Manager of Transmission Line of 230kV Transmission Line Department of Technical Division and reports directly to and is instructed by Manager of Transmission Line.
• To collect data related to Fishery Monitoring including village consultation survey, individual household survey
• To implement maintenance activities including periodical inspections, Transmission Line maintenance Planning, and replacement and administer effective maintenance to technicians
• To develop and review variety of reports
• To coordinate departmental activities with the other departments
• To liaise with other sections and divisions of NNP1PC, contractors and so on
• Other related issue as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
• At least Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering (Electrical engineering is preferable)
• At least three years of relevant experience on maintenance or construction of 230kV Transmission Line equipment in Transmission Line (supervisory level providing leadership, or plant control and communication preferable)
• Self-starter with good working attitude and ability to multi-tasks
• Able to work under pressure and unsupervised
• Good communication and coordination skills
• Good PC skills (EXCEL, WORD, Power Point)
• Good skill in writing, speaking and listening in English
• Age: 40 years or less
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Laos PDR. Tel: 021 261 251 Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 10th January 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com