Are you looking for Job Opportunities? Apply job with us
DEPUTY MANAGER - RESETTLEMENT AND LIVELIHOODS
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under operation in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to Poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social Programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: Deputy Manager - Resettlement and Livelihoods
Location: Owner’s Site Office and Village (Base Camp), Bolikhan District, Bolikhamxay Province
- Establish and Manage the Livelihood Restoration Program for the Resettlement and Self-Resettlement Areas,
- Plan, budget, implement and monitor the Livelihood Restoration Programme for the Resettlement and Self-Resettlement Area, including the Phouhomxay Demonstration and Resource Centre,
- Coordinate with other Environmental and Social Development programs to implement the activities of these programs with the Livelihood Restoration Program,
- Implement livelihood activities as outlined in plans and appropriately adjust them based on the principles of adaptive management,
- Operate the Demonstration Farm, implementing effective research, demonstration and outreach programs in the Phouhomxay Resettlement Area,
- Manage the Relocation Preparation Program according to the issues remaining from the construction period,
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of the Relocation Preparation Program,
- Organize the day-to-day management of Relocation Preparation and Project Lands officers including but not limited to scheduling, budgeting, reporting, staff performance evaluation, coaching & training and other management functions,
- Manage the remaining issues related to the Project Lands Program. Monitor the Project Lands and its Compensation plans as outlined in approved LAC Plans for all Project Lands programs,
- Address the issues of land acquisition based on the cases submitted,
- Establish and maintain clear records and data from the implementation of the Project Lands activities,
- Coordinate with the Government Agencies and various stakeholders to ensure alignments with the Annual Implementation Plan, Concession Agreement, REDP and SDP.
- Organize regular meeting with Resettlement Management Unit and District Coordination Committee of the provinces to ensure compliance with the Annual Implementation Plan, Concession Agreement and others,
- Prepare and submit Weekly and Monthly Reports on the Livelihood Restoration for Resettlement and Self-Resettlement areas, Relocation Preparation and Project Lands teams, and
- Perform other tasks assigned by management.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced University Degree in Agriculture, Livelihoods Development, Technical field or International Development,
- Experience in management of livelihood activities, project lands programs, preferably for hydropower projects,
- Experience in working for different stakeholders such as ADB, NGO’s, and
- Advanced command of verbal and written English and MS Office package.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: 021 261 251, Fax: 021 261 252.
Closing date for application is February 13th, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com