Nam Ngiep1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep1 Power Company (NNP1), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International of Thailand, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep1 is looking for the following staff (Lao nationals preferred):
- Planning the Social Management of the Company by delegation of the SMO Manager
- Plan, develop, revise and finalize plans and strategies for social safeguards such as Resettlement Ethnic Development Plans (REDP), Social- Development Plan (SDP), , in order to comply with the social obligations of the Concession Agreement as well as the social safeguards of ADB.
- Prepare work plans and budgets of overall social activities for the fiscal year 2016 and onwards and assist the SMO to initiate the implementation and actions before COD (2019), so that the resettlement including the livelihood improvement for resettlers is implemented properly.
- Monitoring the overall Social Management activities of the Company under supervision of the SMO Manager.
- Liaise on social matters with International Financial Institutions and/or lenders (ADB) regarding to the monitoring missions as requested by SMO Manager.
- Review, organize and supervise the Company routine and compliance Social monitoring reports and reporting system for the SMO as necessary for compliance with the CA, social safeguards, Company’s commitments and other obligations
- Monitor the day to day aspects of the overall activities and advise the SMO Manager and DMD-ESD as required.
- Reporting on the overall Social Management activities of the Company under supervision of the SMO Manager
- Review the LTA, ADB and IAP mission reports and collaborate with SMO Manager and DMD-ESD on response to the lenders (ADB).
- Maintain clear recording of data analysis and reporting on the social information that NNP1 has committed with the impacted communities and other obligations in social safeguard, Concession Agreement, etc…
- Produce and submit to the SMO Manager for review the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually reports on the social matters include resettlement, livelihood restoration and social development activities of the project in a timely manner.
- Provide consultancy provision to the SMO Manager and DMD-ESD regarding in all aspect related to the general planning, scheduling and implementation project activities and related policy as requested
- At least 10 years of experience in rural development preferably in Laos or in the Mekong sub-region with minimum 8 years’ experience in managing social impacts and risks of development projects management.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in managing large scale resettlement of hydropower development project.
- Good knowledge and Highly proficient in application of practice of ADB and other international institutions’ safeguard policies.
- Good knowledge and practice of national projects social guidelines for projects in Lao PDR
- Expertise in resettlement impact mitigation and monitoring to comply with Lao national and international standards.
- Experience in working with GOL agencies in project implementation.
- Strong management skills with particular competencies in planning, budgeting, reporting and managing a numerous mixed team of international and national experts and technicians.
- Proficiency in English (written/verbal) with Lao knowledge being an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written).
- Be able to communicate in Hmong Language is an asset (but not essential)
- Strong management skills with particular competencies in planning, budgeting, reporting and managing a numerous mixed team of international and national experts and technicians under the direction of the SMO Manager.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for. Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
Telephone: 021 261 251 Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 13th July 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: http://namngiep1.com