JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep1 Power Company (NNP1), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International of Thailand, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep1 is looking for the following staff (Lao nationals preferred):
POSITION: OFFICER-COMMUNITY AND GRIEVANCE MANAGEMENT
(Based in Pakxan office, Bolikhamxay Province)
- Working on Community Relation and Grievance Management and solution
- Implement the Project’s Grievance Redress Mechanism together with GoL counterparts in line with the Community Relationship building under the supervision of TL-Community Relation and Grievance Management.
- Manage all data and information related to NNP1 related grievance and complains submitted by PAPs and other parties
- Coordinates and negotiates with the different stakeholders involved win-win solutions of grievance cases with TL-Community Relation and Grievance management.
- Conduct investigation and gather relevant information for considering of hearing meeting and grievant committee,
- Prepare regular progress weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually reports & other reports on the community relation and grievance Management.
- Attend monitoring missions and makes presentations for the mission members as assigned by TL-Community Relation and Grievance management.
- Settle community grievance issues that occurred in related of the project affected zones as PAPs may arise and are reasonably to address as assigned by TL-Community Relation and Grievance management.
- Seek technical advice from the other social development teams for the programs, specifically on Community Development, Health and Education and other program related to the grievance issues.
- Follow up the pending grievance issues and settle in a timely manner and update to the Grievance DATABASE.
- Conduct scanning, copying and filing systems including the grievance proposal, field inspection, minute of meeting. Photos, maps and etc… into the proper folders accordingly.
- Follow up the payment process if the grievance is valid and require compensation.
- Attends regular EMO, SMO and other ESD meetings as requirement.
- Other grievance redress works as assigned by TL-Community Relation and Grievance management.
- Other supporting to the TL-Community Relation and Grievance management as require.
- Liaise to EMO and SMO Managers, Deputy Managers and Team Leaders as required.
- Maintain working relationship and collaborate with GoL counterparts, including but not limited to the PRLRC, RMU, DCC, VCC, head of Clans and Village Authorities both external and within the project areas.
- University Degree in social field or in proof of community relation and Grievance Redress Mechanism.
- At least 03 years’ experience in grievance solution and coordination and corporate multi-parties negotiations and mediation.
- Experience in community relation and grievance redress mechanism.
- Experience in working with different GoL stakeholders such as Head of the villages, District and provincial authorities and central governments etc.
- Structured working style, able to combine empathy with solution solving approach.
- Fluent in English (both verbal and writing)
- Qualified in Lao language (both verbal and writing)
- Be able to communicate Hmong Language (but not essential)
- Good Planning and management skills
- Organized and systematic approach
- Detail oriented, Self-Motivated and Active person.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
Telephone: 021 261 251 Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 20th June 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: http://namngiep1.com