JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for potential candidates to fill in the following position.
POSITION: Senior Watershed Management Officer
(Based in Pakxan office and Site office and Village)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Support in preparation of Watersheds Management Strategy (WMS) Participatory Framework to outline the process for engagement with all key stakeholders.
- Review existing relevant documents, particularly the relevant clauses of the Concession Agreement (CA), environment management plan, and government related legislations.
- Prepare an "Integrated Landscape Map" for the Nam Ngiep Catchment to assist in the development of the Watershed Management Plan.
- Assist in collection of all necessary information and develop a draft concept note of Nam Ngiep 1 Project (NNP1) Watershed Management Plan based on the principles outlined in the WMS.
- Work with the Catchment Specialist assist with the preparation of budgets, track and report expenditure on all matters relating to WMS, which includes CA items.
- Support in the preparation of NNP1 Biomass Management Plan in accordance to Lao PDR requirements and ADB Environmental Safeguards Policy Statements.
- Support in planning soil management and conservation practices, such as reforestation, permanent vegetation, or other measures to maintain soil and conserve water.
- Work with consultants and institutions, undertake surveys of the Nam Ngiep watershed (Project Area) to determine the presence of additional endangered species that may need to be included in the Bio Offsets Program.
- Prepare the relevant environmental documentation under the guidance of the Team Leader, and
- Perform any other related tasks assigned by line manager.
- Graduated in environmental sciences/engineering, related discipline. Bachelor’s Degree would be looked upon favourably.
- At least five years of experience within the scope landscape management, environmental planning, hydrology-soil conservation, and or forestry.
- Organisational and interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and
- Proven extensive experience with planning, legislation, mitigation and policy in relation to watersheds and ecosystem management in Lao PDR.
- Experience with hydropower projects and initiatives linking watershed management and facility operations.
- Considerable experience with strategic themes, directions, condition and network of watershed management in Lao PDR.
- Proven experience with report writing - technical, planning and management.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring a hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: 021 261 251 Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 17 August 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.