JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International Company Limited, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction. To assist in creating a world-class power plant with international-standard environmental and social programs, Nam Ngiep 1 is looking for the following staff (a Lao national is preferred):
POSITION: TEAM LEADER – LIVELIHOOD DEVELOPMENT
(Based in Thaviengxay Office, Thathom District, Xaysomboun Province)
- Manage and supervise the Livelihood Restoration Program in the 2 Upper Reservoir Zone.
- Arrange for day-to-day management of the Livelihood team, including but not limited to scheduling, assigning tasks, reviewing leave requests, staff training and assisting in conducting staff performance assessments.
- Provide livelihood information to be reported in the Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Progress Reports and other reporting requirements.
- Implement livelihood activities outlined in the REDP and appropriately update them based on the principles of adaptive management.
- Provide technical assistance and training to Livelihood Officers to ensure that appropriate livelihood activities are implemented with a high standard.
- Provide technical support and inputs to technical staff during all stages of the livelihood activities, including conceptualization, village consultation, procurement of supplies, training of Project Affected People, activity implementation and evaluation.
- Establish good relations with PAFP and DAFO and regularly involve them in the aspects of the Livelihood activities, and
- Maintain professional working relationship with relevant government counterparts, Thavieng Zone leaders and Village Authorities.
- University degree on international development or related field.
- Experienced in management of Compensation and Livelihood Restoration programs for different stakeholders such as ADB or NGO’s, preferably in Laos.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of Hmong Language would be an asset.
- Good Planning and Management skills.
- Organized and systematic approach.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Willing to work in remote areas.
- Be able to use MS Office package, internet and email.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: email@example.com or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: 021 261 251 Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 23rd March 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: https://namngiep1.com