Nam Ngiep 1(NNP1) is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International of Thailand, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction in Laos. To assist in creating a world-class generating plant and implementing environmental and social programs in line with international standards, NNP1 is looking for the following staff.
- Review the related watershed management plan and technical report for being a implementing guideline;
- To implement the watershed management plan based on the Team Leader direction and proposed the previous experiences and lessons learnt from other hydropower projects;
- Propose options for the project in watershed activities to be part of the updated basin development strategy;
- Provide technical reports for supporting in the actual implementation to the manager line,
- Coordinate with the Project Implementation Unit ;
- Reporting to Senior Officer and Team Leader;
- To implement the programs (participate in key workshops, fieldworks and meetings) and report progress and results to manager line;
- To support Senior Officer to organise regional workshop and produce technical reports;
- Engage relevant Programmes in the implementation of the Project;
- Cooperating project water dialogue and Water User Groups related to social development programs as Team Leader;
- To closely inspect on site for all related watershed management programs;
- Report to weekly and monthly report/progress to the Team Leader;
- Fully support Team Leader line as necessary request which related to the watershed management matter.
- To support Senior Officer and Team Leader as needed
- Graduated in related environmental sciences, ecology or related discipline. Bachelor’s Degree experience.
- At least 2 years of experience within the scope landscape management, species recovery, environmental planning, biodiversity conservation, species management.
- Proven extensive experience with planning, legislation, mitigation and policy in relation to protected areas and ecosystem management and conservation - prefer in Lao PDR.
- In-depth knowledge of Governance issues in biodiversity, natural resources management and conservation in Lao PDR
- Strong presentation, organizational and communication skills,
- Experience with high level report writing - technical, planning and management.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with regulators (GOL) and related departments.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an application letter including curriculum vitae (CV) and related documents with clearly mentioning the position applying for.
Contact: HR Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring hard copy to our office house no: 236, unit: 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Telephone: 021 261 251 Fax: 021 261 252
Closing date for application is 13 May 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. For further information about the NNP1PC please go to our website: http://namngiep1.com