EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(Short Term Vulnerable Household Support Officer)
Nam Ngiep 1 is a hydropower project under construction in the central provinces of the Lao PDR. The Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company (NNP1PC), co-owned by Kansai Electric Power of Japan, EGAT International of Thailand, and the Lao Holding State Enterprise, is building a 290-MW power plant to provide clean renewable electricity and contribute to poverty reduction in Laos. NNP1PC hereby invites qualified candidates to indicate their interest in the following assignment:
Assignment Title : Short term Vulnerable Household Support Officer
Base Working Place : Paksan District, Bolikhamxay Province and Field work
1. OBJECTIVE OF ASSIGNMENT
The Consultant shall provide the following:
- Updates and assists in establishing Vulnerable Households systems, policies and plans.
- Implements the Vulnerable Households Program, systems and policies based on the requirements of Environmental and Social Division (ESD) and in line with ADB Safeguards Policy Statement and Government of Laos (GoL)’s regulations.
- Assists in the update the Vulnerable Household Action Plan in accordance to the Concession Agreement, Social Development Plan, Resettlement and Ethnic Development Plan and GoL policy.
- Implements the Vulnerable Households Action Plans by organizing and implementing the day to day tasks of the Vulnerable Households Program, including but not limited to scheduling, budgeting and reporting.
- Attends meetings and missions as required and makes presentations as required by Social Management Office (SMO) manager.
- Coordinates closely with the other SMO team members regarding their requirements for Vulnerable Households and Monitoring.
2. DELIVERIABLES AND OUTPUTS
- Weekly and Monthly reports on Vulnerable Households
- Other regular or thematic reports as requested
3. CONTRACT DURATION:
- August 15, 2016 to December 15, 2016
4. PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONs
- Experience working with vulnerable households and understanding of vulnerable households and poverty within the Lao context.
- Experience in working for different stakeholders such as Asian Development Bank, Non-Government Organization or Government of Laos
- At least 3 years of work experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good skills in writing, speaking, recording and reporting in English
- Good skill in speaking Hmong is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in social field or related field
- Self-starter with good working attitude and ability to multi-task
- Communication and coordination skills.
5. INSTITUTIONAL ARRANGEMENT
- The qualified candidate shall work closely and report to (i) Deputy Manager (Social Management Office, Environmental and Social Division), (ii) his or her team member of Social Development and Monitoring related to Vulnerable Households.
Expressions of Interest must be received at the address below no later than June 30, 2016 before 17:00pm, local time and specifically mentioning “Short term Vulnerable Household Support Officer”.
Interested candidates may obtain application form and further information at the address below during office hours;
Ms. Vannakhone Phanolith, Senior Procurement Officer, Procurement and Contract Department, Administration Division, Nam Ngiep 1 Power Company, House No. 236, Unit 16, Ban Phonsinuan, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR,
Tel.: + 856-21-261251, Fax: +856-21-261252, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.namngiep1.com/